Get green with greater comfort from Aprilaire
Whether you're updating your home to be more healthy, energy-efficient and sustainable or you're building a new green-certified home, Aprilaire offers a complete line of innovative products designed to improve the quality of indoor air.
Our central air cleaners treat your entire home by permanently capturing harmful contaminants like bacteria, mold spores and allergens. High efficiency air cleaners help qualify your home for the Green-Built Certification Program of the National Association of Home Builders.
Every Aprilaire product provides important key benefits for your family and home.
The air in your home is littered with virus-sized particles and bacteria, allergens, respirable dust and other airborne contaminants. An Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner can help provide relief from these irritants — up to 40 times more efficiently than standard furnace filters.
Ever feel as if all you do is clean your home? Installing a whole-home air cleaning system by Aprilaire means you'll need to dust less, keeping your home and its contents cleaner and more comfortable.
Did you know that the build-up of dust and dirt can be damaging to your heating and cooling equipment contributing to increased and expensive maintenance or premature failure? A typical 1" furnace filter just can't provide enough protection. An Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner helps ensure that your heating and cooling system lasts as long as possible. Click here to view 10-year old air conditioning coils with and without a whole-home air cleaner installed in the home.
Build-up of dust, dirt, pet dander, hair and other substances on your heating and cooling equipment can reduce its efficiency by as much as 25%. An Aprilaire Whole-Home Air Cleaner can filter out these particles and help maintain the efficiency of your central heating and cooling system by enabling it to satisfy your needs quicker, using less energy.
The Perfect Questions to Ask
When selecting an air cleaner, many people consider the Minimum Efficiency Rating Value (MERV) — a system used by many manufacturers in their claims. Aprilaire Media Air Cleaners are rated MERV 10 at 1200 cfm (the typical airflow for an average home). But we suggest that you consider the following questions to determine the best air cleaner for you:
- Is it a whole-home solution? It should clean the air in the entire house, not just a room or section of your home.
- Is there long service life? Who enjoys changing the filter media every month or even every couple of months? The best air cleaner should require maintenance only once a year.
- Will it enhance equipment life? The best air cleaner should permanently trap the dirt that causes heating and air-conditioning units to wear prematurely.
- What about quality? The best air cleaner should be built to last, providing the same high performance for years. One mark of quality is the seal around the door. It should have broad, thick seals to minimize air leakage.
Is it invisible and silent? The best air cleaner should be invisible, not another piece of furniture in a room. It should operate silently, not make distracting noises.
Indoor Air Matters Medical White Paper by Doron Schneider, M.D.
An in-depth look at the connection between indoor air quality and respiratory health.
Click here to read more
Aprilaire makes national news for whole-home solutions!
"TODAY contributor Lou Manfredini has simple solutions that help clean up stinky messes around your home."
Click here to read more or watch video.
Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner Models
There are several models of Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaners, designed to satisfy your family’s specific needs. Your heating and cooling contractor can help you determine which is right for you. Use our Dealer Locator on this site to find help near your home. Click the model number to view specific product details:
Aprilaire Model 4000 and 5000 Series Air Cleaners give you whole-home capacity with the convenience of simple one-touch control. Now you can clean the air in every room of your home at the touch of a button.
- Aprilaire Model 5000 Whole-House Air Cleaner with One Touch Control You can't buy an easier to control or better air cleaner - in fact, it's been rated #1 three years in a row in independent tests! Clearly the best choice for the cleanest air possible for allergy and asthma sufferers. Central Air Cleaning at the touch of a button.
- Aprilaire Model 4200/4300/4400 Whole-House Media Air Cleaner with One Touch Control - Whole Home Air Cleaning couldn't be easier. High Performance allergen and dust control at the touch of a button.
- Aprilaire Models 2210/2310/2410/2250 Whole-House Air Cleaners These air cleaners are the best choice for allergy sufferers looking for industry-leading allergy relief throughout their home.
An Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner makes a lot of sense — but which is right for you? Compare Various Types Here.
> Contact an Aprilaire Dealer, your local Indoor Air Quality Specialist, to determine which Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner is best for your family’s needs.
> Test drive the Aprilaire interactive module to see how portable air cleaners stack up against Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaners.